The Spring Sing
Twice a year all the kids at Franklin Elementary get together and perform a sing, the Winter Sing and the Spring Sing. There are 800 kids that attend Franklin, at least there was 5 years ago when I was on the FPO and I am pretty sure things haven't changed that much.
They also video tape the children as they are singing so they can show the video the next day to the children. Everyone wants to see themselves on TV.... well, at least the kids do!
Well, my little man is worried he will be forgotten and skipped so he has this sure fire way to make sure you can see him on the video. He dances. Yep, he started this in the winter, when I was home recuperating from surgery. He danced as well as sang.
I was told he made a fool out of himself. But he knew exactly what he was doing.
And Wednesday is no exception. When the rest of the grades 3 and 4 were clapping, he was clapping his hands under his legs, He had his jazz hands out a few times, and repeatedly rolled up his tie and let in go while everyone else was singing beautifully.
He hammed it up.
The next day at Roundtable somehow it was mentioned that it was my son and everyone cheered him on and enjoyed his performance.
I am even more embarrassed.
I wonder if I will get a call form the Principal on Monday....
No comments:
Post a Comment