The third hour has passed. The rain has not let up. We are hidden under a leaky Ramada, where you have a better chance at getting wet than actually being out in the rain. And the ground is mostly puddles of mud with dry spots of wet dirt here and there. My shoes have long since been dry. Swishy squeaks can be heard as I walk back and forth.
The papers are wet and the ink is streaked. But do you think this is a sad event?
No, we have 29 boys from our Stake who are having the best time.
Puddle jumping...it's really fun, I hear.
And we were talking to some of the scout leaders.
One, in particular, said that he wasn't sure if they would cancel it.
He said if a scout leader was in charge, the 11 year old day camp would go on.
He wasn't sure with the Primary Presidents being in charge.
He was proud and happy that the Presidents still carried on despite the rain.
But after 4 1/2 hours I was ready to go. And my van had a heater!
Thank goodness for little miracles!
No comments:
Post a Comment