Friday, May 11, 2012

My Grandma

Every Birthday for 10 years my Grandma gave me a birthday card. And it was no ordinary card.
 No, inside was a cute sentiment and a 2 dollar bill!
 I can't remember even one sentiment but I sure remember that wonderful two dollar bill.

She worked at a bank and collected them when they came her way.

Once I asked her why she gave us those (she gave one to all of her granchildren)

She sat with me in her chair (cuddle position, of course) and told me that the two dollar bills were special. There were not very many of them. They are rare, valuable, always wanted, and if you came across one it was special thing.
She said we were all special and unique just like that two dollar bill  and she wanted all of us to know how much she valued each one of us.

Two dollars only goes so far but the idea has lasted twenty nine years after her passing and continues to be a treasured memory.

Happy Mothers Day, Grandma. If I could I would give you this:

No comments: