Last night Ashely and I attended the 10th anniversary of the Academy, Phoenix's own drum and bugle corp, at Dobson High school, one of the high schools in Mesa.
In fact, Mesa High hosted one of the teams, the Blue Devils from Concord, California. They practiced on our field and slept in our cafeteria and auditorium. Brave souls!
They are in the middle of their Southwest tour. They came from New Mexico on Tuesday and I think are headed to California today.
They were very good!
The colorguard was amazing! The music was wonderful!
And the drummers were hot!
...No, literally.
It was the hottest day so far!
And silly me, half way through the night I realized the only instruments out there were one form or another of a horn! No flutes, no clarinets. Ashley laughed, patted my shoulder, and said
Ya, mom. That's why it is called the 'Drum and Bugle corp"
But then I brought up the fact that they have flags too.
Then I got that look that said 'poor, poor mom. Just sit there and smile and maybe she will stop talking.'
Yes, I still have so much to learn!
But now Ashley wants to be in the Academy next year. $3000 for the summer season.
Yep, I am sitting here, smiling and not saying a word.
No comments:
Post a Comment