Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer is here

Summer is here and I must admit I really can't tell. Britt is doing Team Up For Success at Mesa High (a class to help kids become acclimated with the school), Joey and Mackenzie are in summer school, And Zach is right in the middle of summer band.  He switched instruments and is now playing the tenor saxaphone as opposed to the alto sax.  There is a difference in sound but mostly in rental price! But hey, what else are kids for but to empty your wallets on a daily basis.

Ashley is busy down in Benson. She was only supposed to be there for a week but Debbie needed her a little bit longer so she stayed another week. I can't wait til she comes home. In fact, this last weekend all of my big girls were gone. Britt went to Vegas with Tami's family and Cort left for home on the 8th. (I say home only because Logan is where she needs to be. And she is most happy there.... dang it!)

It was wierd having only three kids running about. And I really didn't care for it.

Joey turned 9 on the 14th. He is older, but not much taller though. I am wondering when that kicks in, the growing taller part. I only hope we can move out of size six pants!  At least he is still taller than his little sister!  Anyway, he had a great day. We went to lunch with one of his best buds and then to a movie.  Britt said I was very patient with the kaos that is my family, especially in public. Such a nice compliment! Of course I don't think she realized she was grouped in with the kaos.

One more week of summer school and then I have three weeks of sleeping in, staying up late, listening to complaints that there is nothing to do, threatening them with summer homework if they don't stop whining, turning off the game system, then going into the other room to turn off that gaming system, just to repeat it over and over til nighttime. . .  Yep, looking forward to it!

No comments: