Lisa is my name and laziness is my game... at least when it comes to this poor blog. So much to tell!
Christmas came so quickly and I feel like I have missed out. For instance, all those sappy Christmas movies where your sniffling is so loud your 17 year old daughter makes fun of you because you are secretly blubbering like an idiot and hoping no one sees you. Obviously I am not good at hiding it. That and my daughter feels she has the absolute authority on embarrassing her mom, when I don't have that luxury (but I have NOT given up yet!)
And then there is the Christmas music my kids would not let me listen to because the local country music station plays 'real' music. And maybe it was because my heart was not really into it. But.... that is because it was on my bother's wedding!
We left beautiful sweater weather and drove into fog and snow half the way up to Salt Lake just in time to make it to Saturday's performance of the Tabernacle Choir with David Archeleta and Michael York. (My kids were very impressed with David Archeleta and are watching every youtube video they can find, and I like Michael York because he is Ezekial Crane, Gus Pikes's father from Avonlea! yeah, yeah, I know. I really am one of the kids!)
Then the next day was Sunday and my little ones got to participate in the Christmas program... Joey even got to help ring the bells with his cousins. Mackenzie was not that lucky and she almost threw a fit on the stand as they were coming down. I was so embarrassed but my bro and his wife just laughed.
No comments:
Post a Comment