Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Wedding in Salt Lake

The day started off with breakfast on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I was very nervous... mostly because Mackenzie and Joey were given glass goblets to drink out of and I was afraid I would be handed a bill after we were done eating for the extensive damage they caused.  But alas, they were very good (except when Mackenzie did not get enough to eat so she came to my table, sat on my lap, and proceded to eat the rest of my food.) 

It was a great moment and I realized how much we miss out on having half the family here and the rest there.  I am lucky to have the brothers I do and the relationship I have with them!

The view of the temple was amazing! I loved the snow. It is something I don't see very often.

We then proceeded to the temple and to my amazement Elder M. Russel Ballard performed the ceremony! I think what I was most touched by was what he said about my brother.  They were things I already knew and how awesome it was to hear someone else say them. Jeff is a great guy and together they will be amazing!

Waiting for the bride and groom at the Joseph Smith Memorial

The reception was at the Point in the Huntsman Cancer Institute.  It is newer than 20 years so I do not know it but it was beautiful! At dusk you are supposed to see across the valley. It was snowing outside most of  the time but it was still beautiful!

I am afraid I was so busy catching up with cousins, aunts and uncles, and old family friends that I did not take many pics but I managed to get a few of Jeff and Lauren cutting the cake and neices and young friends watching.

My brother wanted so bad to dance with my mom at his wedding.  She was so nervous about it. She gets up more now but not without her walker and she did not think she could do this.  But she did and it was so nice to see. The only danced for a minute or so but my brother got to dance with his mom at his wedding!


We all had a lot of fun. Here are the younger girls trying to make a silly face. They did a great job!

Ashley had a great time dancing! She danced with her cousins (even the little ones!)



This is litte Drew.  Britt and Dani could not get enough of him!  They spoiled him so much he seemed almost lost when they were not in eyesight of him. Sooo cute!

Funny story. Travis' cousin lives in Jeff's Ward.  Cortney discovered this when she stayed with the boys in August. Marilyn and Cortney have become good friends....small world!

No comments: