End of the year concerts! Can there be anything better?
The beautiful choir concert where your daughter sings a double trio (Yes there is a word for that but I don't know what you call a group of six.... but technically there were three boys and three girls so I am not too far off) and of course realizing that this will be the last time you will hear her sing in a group.
I wonder if Utah State carries their concerts on the internet?
Then there is the band concert at Mesa high with the sassy redhead talking at the beginning. And of course that same sassy redhead walking home with the most outstanding sophomore of the year award. Not to mention the wonderful music in between. It was a great concert! And sweet Ashley got her first letter in music. I say first because she is a real 'go getter' and I know it will not be her last.
Sly Ashley was making it hard to take her pic so I found one of her helping me at the beginning to get the roses ready for the concert. She is always helping me. I don't know what I would do without her.
And then there is my favorite! The Franklin East elementary band concert.. Nothing makes my heart leap more than hearing that familiar squeak coming from the saxaphone section and knowing which player it's coming from. And come on, a band concert or a sing wouldn't be complete unless Mr Higgins informs the parents that they need to work on their audience skills! Who could ask for better entertainment than that? I will honestly miss those elementary years when they are gone. Luckily I still have Joey and Mackenzie who still need to experience the joy of music classes.. Joseph still has his heart set on playing the drums and Mackenzie was swinging that flag pretty hard yesterday so I see many more band functions in my future!
I took a closer one but Zach would KILL me if I showed it now. Silly boy. Does he not realize I will just post it next week?
No comments:
Post a Comment