Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

 Oh, so many new year's resolutions.  For one, actually posting on my blog!


Christmas is over and I am hoping for a bit more time (not counting on it, though.) We went to Benson to see Debbie and her family after Christmas. Young Kolby was baptized and then we spent the day playing. We rode the quads, played in the dirt, froze our toes (yes it does get cold in Benson. Not Utah cold but very close), and had a great time visiting with each other (yes, that means we ate!)


The next morning at 2 a.m. my parents were in a car accident and totaled their truck. They are okay, though. The other car had injuries but we do not know how bad or any other information. It is enough to really put what is important into prospective. My family means a great deal to me. It is times like this that I wish we lived a little closer to each other.  This experience was much harder on Jeff and Steve, I'm afraid. They are so far away in Salt Lake. But I love the fact communication is what it is because they were informed and put at ease as much as possible (which I'm sure really isn't good enough).

Mesa High Football made it to state (which they lost but how cool they got that far!) so Winter Formal was postponed. It was the same day as the big game and was moved to next weekend, January 9th.



Ooops! Alyse too. I love you, Alyse!!!


I wonder if I was ever this bad!!!

 Cortney and Ashley are busy getting their dresses ready, talking about hair, makeup, and most importantly, shoes! I am so excited for both of them. They are both going with boys they really like. (I think this is where I REALLY will embarrass them. YES! I have waited so long!!!!)


Zachary turned 11 on Monday and is now an 11year old scout.  He has missed out on a few campouts and is looking forward to the next one. (Thank goodness girls camp in cabins and have hot running showers!)  We have made a goal to get our Ham Radio licences for scouts (and for my Dad)  in the next few months. It will be exciting to work on something together.


Cortney has been going out with her new boyfriend all Christmas break. Don't worry, she has been doubling with Austin and Jeanette. I am really happy for her. She is taking a break from volunteering at the Zoo because of Christmas and is enjoying spending time outside, which is nice because she really is a home body.  Besides, I guess I need to get used to it.

No comments: