Hi my name is Lisa. Remember me? I have been so bad at this and here is my attempt to try again!
Congradualtions to the Mesa High Marching Band who came in 1st place in the Division 3
State Marching Band Competition! They did a great job! Later that week Ashley was given two special awards: the Everyone's Best Friend Award, from the band council themselves, and the most Outstanding Sophomore from the band director. Very proud of the girl!
Congradulations to Cortney who been accepted to and was awarded in-state tuition to Utah State University! (Today is also her 18th birthday) The beginning of August, she will officially move to Salt Lake and will live with my brothers until school starts. I am so happy for her and am not thinking too much about what it will be like without her. It's amazing how many people I know who went to USU or lived in Logan. Amazing considering I live in Arizona.
My mom was supposed to go in for surgery on Monday. She is having her hip replaced (the other one; not to be confused with the one replaced three years ago). But she has developed an infection and is waiting for it to be cleared up and rescheduled. I quit my glamourous job of being a cafeteria lady and am planning on helping her out as much as I can. But I have to admit, I will miss my job.
For instance:
my nephew Josh - I can't threaten to tattle on him when he buys Doritos just to see him smile and blush.
I won't be able to tease Logan and Jaron and try to get them to smile while secretly throwing small pieces of ice in their direction (so could've gotten fired for that one)
I can't run out and give Rylee hugs at the end of lunch whenever I want (But I can during Sundays and Wednesday nights. LOVE YOUNG WOMENS)
I can't wave my arms like I am landing a plane at Shelly and Renee while they are waiting in line for her lunch hoping I will stop but secretly wishing I don't.
I cannot try to convince Brandon how playing in the marching band is so much better than sitting on the football bench hoping to be able to play. (Well, he is in my stake so I am sure I will still have plenty of time to be a pain in his side!)
I will miss periodically helping out at the elementary schools and seeing all of my neighborhood kids and my sweet boys and teasing them merclessly.
But mostly I will miss working side by side with Britt. I will miss talking about which boys are cute and which ones are diefinitely are not. I will miss dancing with her while waiting for the kids to come and the hugs when she is done working and off to eat with her 'specials!' That is what I will miss the most.
But wait!
I get to do all the stuff anyway!
Yess!!!
I love being a mom!
1 comment:
Ya! I remember you Kinda crazy how time slips by real fast. Can;t believe Cortney will be leaving for college in a few months! Are you bringing her up? Please stop by on the way. We really are on the way!
Post a Comment