Travis and I were called and told Cortney's surpervisor would be bringing her home (all of this happening in the middle of the afternoon session of conference. Kinda hard to concentrate when you know something is not right with one of your kids) Twenty minutes later, I recieved another phone call from the Tempe Fire Department saying they wanted Cortney to go straight to the hospital for x-rays. Well, that made me feel SO MUCH better! As quickly and as safely as I could (and for those who know me too well, no I did not drive the black car. I wanted to get there safely, after all) I arrived at the hopsital fifteen minutes before Cort did. If the emergency room was not so busy, the nurses would have got a good laugh at the freaked out mom. She finally arrived.
And we waited and waited and waited. Finally, after two hours, one of the nurses quietly moved us out of the pediatric waiting room and back to the adult section of the emergency room... in the hall...right next to the ambulence check-in counter. Except for the major trauma patients, we saw everyone that was brought in by ambulence. It was quite an experience.
And to make this very long story even a little bit shorter, Cortney broke her arm. Just in time for Choir pictures and our trip to Utah!
The worst part is on the eve of her turning 18 and becoming a independant adult, mommy gets to wash and do her hair, help with make up, and take care of her. Poor thing!
3 comments:
What a crazy story! Next time I see you, if I foget, tell me about she she got to be a zoo volunteer. Angie has said she wants to do that someday. Hope she heals soon!
This is Carolyn but I don't know how to change the ID.
Hope you heal quick Cort! Um, Dixie and SUU are great colleges too! And they're only 1/2 hour away from me. Okay, no excitment there. Actually Southern Utah is great.
Post a Comment