I don't remember ever going to an away game as the marching band. That is something that is done differently in Arizona or differently in the twenty years since I myself was a flag twirler. The away marching band gets to perform one of their half-time songs before the game starts and also perform the National Anthem (I know, useless information for some but it goes with my story. And don't forget I have this knack to take a story and make it really LONG!).
A few weeks back Joey was fighting wih his big brother and so I decided I would take him to the game with me. He is still struggling in school and he needed a little one on one time with the mom. Well, the band members thought he was so cute (And he is, of course!)
Right before half time, the band members make it a tradition to go down to the side of the field and wish the other band luck. (Ashley likes this part because it gives her the opportinuty to flirt with even MORE guys). Ashley took Joey with her down to the field with the band this time. It was so cute! He was surrounded by thirteen colorguard girls in shiny uniforns and I think the little man was speechless, which doen't happen often. He eventually blew off his sister and found one of the Drum Majors, Ben Taylor.
He mimiced everything Ben did. It was a big case of hero worship. And Ben was so sweet about it. Later, he even let Joey help him conduct a song. I have never seen Joey so quiet and blissfully happy! And everyday he asks Ashley if Ben said anything about him. And every day Ashley tells him Ben thinks he is awesome!
He mimiced everything Ben did. It was a big case of hero worship. And Ben was so sweet about it. Later, he even let Joey help him conduct a song. I have never seen Joey so quiet and blissfully happy! And everyday he asks Ashley if Ben said anything about him. And every day Ashley tells him Ben thinks he is awesome!
Joey wants to be a Drum Major when he grows up. And he is practicing with Brittany's drum sticks on everything. The counter, the stove, the table, the TV, the dresser..... It is going to be a LONG ten years!
My furniture and my ear drums may not make it that far.
No comments:
Post a Comment