I have been so bad at this that I have decided to write every day for five days. There is so much to share! First, lets talk about colleges!
I don't remember what it was like when my sister was picking a college. She always wanted to go to the University of Utah and it was the only school she applied for. And, of course, Tami got in. Unfortunately, that all changed when we found out we were moving to Arizona. I was so caught up in that drama I did not pursue any colleges. I was trying to get enough guts just to finish high school in the desert. Tami decided to move with us and never attended even one class at the U of U. Later, she did go to ASU and went on to get a math degree in secondary education while I managed to get 1.5 years at the local community college. So what do I know about looking for colleges? Well, let me tell you, I am learning a lot. Scholarships, Grants, ACTS, GPAs, and SATs.
Miss Cortney has chosen a few colleges that she is interested in. The top on her list is Utah State University (and there was no influence from me, I SWEAR!). In fact, next week we will be braving the cold Utah fall weather and touring USU. I am really looking forward to it. The one and only time I have been to Logan, Utah was on a band trip in High School and we drove through it on our way to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. (and I must admit, I was much too interested in talking with my friends than paying attention to the scenery)
We will tour USU on Friday the 15th, and then head back to Flagstaff, Arizona to tour Northern Arizona University on Saturday. It will be a long weekend but hopefully a productive one. She has a schoarship already at USU and her grades are good enough that she will have an in-state scholarship at NAU so either one will work. We are going to tour University of Arizona a little later. She does not want to go to ASU, which is only 20 minutes from home, but she wants to go away where it is cooler... (I try really hard not to think it is me she wants to get away from...)
And my awesome wonderful brothers live in Salt Lake so they won't be too far away from Logan if there is a problem. And Debbie lives just east of Tuscon, And Flagstaff is 2 1/2 hours away.
1 comment:
how precious!
Post a Comment