School is in full swing and we are still trying to get in the hang of it. Mackenzie is coping very well with having two different kindergarten classes. She in now riding the bus to Tami's house, much to Joey's dismay. But he gets to have lunch at school so that makes up for riding the bus any day (so easy to please a little guy whose life is ruled by his stomach).
Joey is having a difficult time in school. He likes to talk, has a difficulty raising his hand, spends too much time talking to his neighbor, and hums while counting (and this concerns his teacher. If you ask me, a first grader who does not do these things is what I would be concerned about) so we are starting a behavior calendar. He is pretty proud of his 'S-' and so am I . We are slowly working up to an 'O 'but we are taking it slowly. Wish the lad luck!!!
High school football has started and I am helping out with the marching band. You know what they say, once a band geek always a band geek. This time I am a band mommy. I am so honored. The kids are fun to tease and to be around so I really am enjoying it and it does give me an opportunity to embarrass Ashley, although I have yet to do it (but I am not giving up!!!)
My knowledge of football still needs MUCH improvement but what else is new.
Brittany tried out for Taylor Jr. High's play, a Halloween Carol, and made it to the last audition but we have not heard back yet if she got in, but she is pretty sure she did not make the cut. But she tried and she was in the last thirty out of one hundred five people. That is a big accomplishment considering she has yet to take a drama class. She is sad, though, and I wish I could make it better for her.
1 comment:
Good luck to all your kids this year. and you!
Post a Comment