Saturday, October 10, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Homecoming was this week! They talked a lot about alumni and it finally dawned on me that I AM one!  I really don't think of myself as being a Mesa High graduate but I am proud to say that my kids will someday have that in common with me. It has a lot of traditions and a rich history and I guess in a small way I am kind of a part of it and so are my kids.  One more way we are bonded. WAY COOL!

The events started off with a parade from the Lindbergh Elementary School, a few blocks from Mesa High. (but if you missed it, don't fret because we saw the same parade during half time!)  Immediately after, there is a carnival in the parking lot where the different organizations compete for your money. Everyones favorite was the football booth.  The had an old ford bronco and if you paid so much money, you could take a swing at it with a sledge hammer. I must admit, I was tempted (but I would feel bad using it on that beat-up Ford.  Now on my car, that would really give me some satisfaction!)

And I am sure you are wondering where are those pictures?

Well, we were not there because Cortney had to go to the doctor about her arm, which does not have to be casted.  They are worried about the elbow stiffening up, but she still has to wear the sling and go back in two weeks.


The game started at 7 p.m.
Well, after nearly poisoning all of the band with dish soap in the water jugs and nearly breaking my leg bringing the water over to the stadium, I was able to take some pictures of Ashley (although she would kill to have had someone take pictures of me tripping over the water jugs in a not so swan-like manner landing flat on my face when the dolly gave way and broke! ) Thank goodness she did not get her way in that!



This is the Ashley we know (and love!)

This is Ashley and Cody playing double duty in the band. Most of the color guard also play an instrument as well. They are so talented.  Much more than I ever was!


Here is a few members of the band. they are a bunch of nice kids and quite amusing. Mr. Brooks, the strange band instructor, is sitting in the middle. Don't ask me how I REALLY feel about him.

This is Ashley flirting.

This is Ashley flirting again!

I wanted to get more pics but I really need to get a new camera or...perhaps I should charge the battery a little bit more!

No comments: