Thursday, April 2, 2009

Color Guard

My sister does this thing with Monday's called Memorable Mondays and I was going to try it but with breaking in the new computer, AIMS state testing has started, and not being able to find my computer desk amongst the rubble - I put it off but I can't wait another five days to share. Ashley is trying out for color guard! Yep, my darling daughter is going to be a flag twirler! She says she wants to be in marching band but has a difficult time memorizing the music. This way, she can do marching band while being a flag twirler and then play the flute later and in the second semester. Right now there are only five in the team. Gosh, that sounds so familiar! It feels so weird to have my child interested in something I was when I was in high school. And she's pretty good at it, too. She has picked up things faster that I did so long ago. I know because I have been teaching her a few moves, ones I can remember, at least. (yeah, this is where my own flag comes in handy. I knew it was a good investment. Ya, ya. I know. I'm a dork!)

Oh, and if you think I talked her into it, you are so wrong. It was a friend of hers who is one the team (is that what you call it? You figure I would know.)When I was a Freshman I talked my best friend into trying out. Amazing how much influence friends have. I was very surprised when she told me she wanted to try out.

(if this were a Memorable Monday, I would show pictures of myself with my flag but my scrapbooks are still packed up. But I am pretty sure my twirllin' buddies really appreciate that since they are in the pics too!)

Small world. And getting even smaller!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This twirling buddy is happy you don't pull out the pixs!

But we did have a great time ~

And I hope your daughter does too -

Maybe she'll have an amazing friend or two, like I did, in Color Guard!

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I really miss watching your kids grow up too! Comin for a quick visit to see the pageant.