Sunday, March 29, 2009

Debbie

My sister lives in the middle of nowhere. In fact, she never locks her doors and leaves her keys in her car (don't worry, Deb. I won't give out your address) I love going to visit because it is a whole new world. For fun, there is the quads. My kids think they are pretty neat. And if you want to go practice shooting, the river bed is the place to go. Just grab a few pop cans and head out. But if you are a late nighter, maybe Benson is not for you. The town closes up tight at 5pm, except for Walmart, of course. No, that stays open a bit longer. But my nephews find ways to amuse themselves like going 4-wheeling with Matt's jeep. It beats a night at the movies any day!

They have everything you need. They have a grocery store, they have at least three gas stations. There is even a scrapbook store for the avid scrapbooker. And did I mention an ice cream store? Yes, they have the important things in life. And, have no fear, Tuscon is only 45 minutes away for the bigger items.

Oh, yeah. The fire department is so cool. They comprise of volunteers and when there is an emergency, they get this loud siren going throughout the countryside and the volunteers drop what they are doing and take off. It is very convienant.

They even had a snow day this year. Deb says it was a shame the snow melted before noon that day but how cool they even got to have a snow day! My kids only dream of it, or falling snow for that matter.

But the best part about going to Pomerane is seeing Debbie. I don't realize how much I miss having her around to bug, tease, and spend time with And she misses me, too. She says I bring out a side to her that doesn't come out very often. This side:




(Debbie really like my new camera! And with my luck, once she sees these pictures, I won't be allowed to come back!) Yep, sisters are one of the best things in life. And I would be lost without my sisters!

3 comments:

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

Jim's Grma Ray is from the Pomerane area. We drove through there a month or so ago. It was nice.

Tami said...

Now you need to post one about me. jk

Chyrisse Ballard said...

That's pretty much how I remember her! Great shots! Miss ya Debbie!