Friday, April 3, 2009

What to do with the Boy!!!

While all of the construction, destruction, ect. has been going on at my place, we have been spending way too much time at Grandma's house. My kids know where things are. Grandma's candy stash, which everyone knows about, it a great example. They know where she keeps the cookies and the soda. They know where the vegetables are too, but really don't care.(Dang it!) And they know where all the dishes go....which is my new problem.



After a gripping twenty minutes of trying to get Joey to write his letters so the 'e' in not bigger that the 't', I sent him outside in the sunshine so I could catch my breath (i.e., calm my nerves before we did even more homework.) I gave the little tyke about ten minutes and then went out to get him. As soon as he saw me, he tucked something shiny behind his back and took off in the other direction. I stopped him and discovered he had two kitchen knives.



I gave him 'the look' (you know, the ones all mother's have and use quite frequently.) Sweet Joey usually caves in at this point, which he did again. He told me he was having a sword fight and only cut his arm a little bit. It didn't' even bleed.



Needless to say, the sword fight was over and the weapons were confiscated. (What I can't figure out was how he had a sword fight with himself and still lost?) My little pirate was stuck inside for the rest of the day.

Mental note. Hide the cutlery at Grandmas.



But don't' you fear. Joey will find something else to amuse himself with. He always does. And I'm betting on it being just as scary as the knives.


another mental note: do a thorough sweep of the back yard just in case!!!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yeah-- I was wondering the same thing about the losing--even though I'm glad you caught him and of course don't want him to attempt that again, I can't help having a slight longing to see a little boy try to have a sword fight with himself--with plastic knives of course! :)

Chyrisse Ballard said...

Jacob, my youngest, is full of mischief too and have to keep my eyes on him. He found the scissors the other day too and cut a big hole on the top of my new socks. Glad it was socks and not hair! I feel for ya! GLad he didn't get hurt bad!