Today we went to the zoo. A wonderful place, the zoo. Did you know that you can actually have lunch there and not worry about picking up the bits of food off the ground after a really good food fight because the little critters will eat it for you? And if the animals are laying around doing nothing, other people can watch you try to manage your children and find more entertainment in what you are doing than what the animals are (not to mention entertaining all those animals).
But I must admit it is funner to go to the zoo during the winter because the animals do things. Take for instance, the cheetah. During the summer it is way too hot and they usually hide out behind the trees in the shade. In the winter, they wander around, probably looking for a way to get out or which kid looks the tastiest. But I have discovered the humans are pretty much the same way (minus the looking for something tasty. Then again, the cotton candy stand is right there on the corner.)
When people go to the zoo, the inevitably end up in the water playground, completely ignoring the animals because it is too hot. (pretty sad when it is standing room only over those ten little spickets squirting water out of the ground.) The little kids would rather jump in the bug infested former fish hatchery lake than watch the Spectacled bears hide in the corner of their home so, if your lucky, you can see the back of their furry little elbow.
Seriously, I do love to go to the zoo. My favorite part is the train. Why, you ask? Because I am lazy and I can see most of the zoo without having to walk. Second, I learn so much more about the animals. It is the next best thing to having a personal tour guide.(Then again, my kids say it is because I don't have to read the signs by the cages. Yet another good sign that I am lazy.) I can't wait to go back, this time with my swimsuit so I can really enjoy my experience. (and give those monkey on monkey island something to really laugh and holler about.)
I would have taken pictures but my camera was taken. Hopefully someone is enjoying it as much as I did.
2 comments:
I kids would love to go just to play in the playhouse. That would be a complete trip for them. It sounds like you had fun. You should try going to the zoo at night, some animals are funner to watch, especially the cheetah and the tiger.
Lisa, I went to NieNie Dialogues after church and it worked fine. The CJane said it didn't exist but I clicked on where it said CJANE cuz it was a link and it took me there. The server they use was probably doing maintenance.
Post a Comment