It has been pointed out that I spend way too much time discussing Joey and not enough of my other children so I decided to take a moment and tell a little bit about my pink princess, Mackenzie. She loves pink, obviously. The idea that there is any other color she can wear is totally lost on her. And, to my great horror, she has discovered boys. (And I thought Cort and Ash were gonna give me a headache)
See, there is a little boy in our ward who happens to be Joey's best friend. Mackenzie has a big crush on him. She says she has sweet dreams about him and loves him. (Again, I feel more grey hairs coming on. This is way toooo soon for this!) She even told him this and the poor kid ran away screaming. I can see this is going to go well.
She even has dating tips. She says if you curl your hair and wear a crown and wear lip gloss, you will get lots of dates. (yeah, all it takes is a crown. Where was she twenty two years ago?) And sweet, wonderful, (smart-alec, in big trouble) big sister Ashley taught her a song with movements.
"And when you move your hips the boys go crazy"
(while she moves her hips and smiles. Ashley has created a monster! Then again, Ashley spends a lot of time around boys. Maybe I should keep a closer eye on her!)
Yeah, Mackenzie is a lot of fun. She watches Joey read and cannot wait til school starts to be able to do the same. She is a joy, (and a pain) and I love having her as my sixth child. Mackenzie spends most of her time with my neice. She has a love/hate relationship with her (which is mostly hate) but they have their moments. I love those moments. She really is a doll and I'm lucky to be her mom. I just hope she does not end up being one of those girls who chases the boys all the time, you know, behind rabbit pens, in the school halls, around the block, etc.( like her mom did).
3 comments:
Mackenzie is such a cutie. I wanna know who her beau is....
Is Brittany boy crazy like the rest of your girls? I miss you and your family.
I'm sorry you don't have your camera and that people have no respect for others property! That's the second time you've been burglarized! AS for MacKenzie... poor boy! She is such a pretty one, when it does matter, I'm sure whe won't have trouble catching one. In the mean time good luck with the flirt!
That is Hilarious! If the boy is in primary I can guess who it is and I have to agree those are some cute boys and smart that she is going for the older ones! haha
So why wait for school to start to teach her to read. You have enough readers in the house that she should be able to read in a week! Seriously! Teaching kids to read is a SINCH- all of mine could read long before school started, it just gives them a leg up and your other kids will think it's the coolest! Plus if they brag about how smart she is maybe she will be willing to hold off on the crown wearing for a few more years. :)
Post a Comment