Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some Days...

I wish I were anywhere but here.
But only for maybe two hours cuz heaven knows things would fall apart without me.



My day-
The information for the Franklin Flyer, which is due tomorrow, was not turned in until this morning. I was in a rush to type it up and almost had it done when the computer had a senior moment and lost everything (the paper that is. I would be so lucky if it would really 'loose' it. A new computer does sound heavenly.) Without another bad thought, and, yes, another bad word, I set at it again, furiously typing as fast as I could so I could get my mom to psychical therapy.
Joey walks past and after a quick whiff, I sent him to the bathroom to clean himself up. You see, as much as I have tried to convince him otherwise, he still thinks going potty in the toilet is optional. If only....
Anyway, I finished typing the words without the pics and looked at the clock. I had twenty minutes to get the kids going so we could go to get my mom. I go to my bathroom. The door is locked. I hear muffled cries of 'she's here. Quick, hide. ' That is never a good sign.
Lucky me, my house is one big circle, with my room being the two o'clock (inside joke). I went the other way to find Joey and his two followers, Mackenzie and my niece, Jamie. He is the brains of the group. This thought alone sends shivers down my spine. The three of them had taken Inspector Hector, a plaque detector (you know the kind. You swish it around and it turns the palaque blue) and poured some into those cute Disney goblets with the snow globes on the bottom. They were having a party and using a dental product as punch. I can just hear Joey saying, 'Lets do cheers!' especially since he's not allowed to do that with the Sacrament cups at Church anymore.

After calling Poison Control again, (I really should program them into my speed dial) and coming to the conclusion that the worst thing that can happen is diarrhea, we cleaned everyone up, threw them into the car, and went about the rest of our day. Hopefully, I will finish the Franklin Flyer in time and maybe enroll in a few dire, all important parenting classes.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Joey was throwing himself a tea party. Maybe he should have asked first, he might has gotten something yummier. Sorry about your crazy day!