Tonight we start softball. We were supposed to start last week but we got to experience kick ball instead. Girls were most unhappy. I am the official assistant coach. (Don't know why they do this to themselves. ) Poor Sis. Robie, she asked me to keep score but I was too busy starting the 'wave'. She finally gave up on me and asked one of the other girls to keep score. Unfortunately, I got her caught up in the wave and she forgot too. Poor Sis. Robie. Good thing she loves me anyway. Hopefully, I will do a better job tonite (that or I will just be me and forget all over again! Besides, you can't go to a game without doing the wave, right?)
We have an old family tradition of canning fruit every year. And I am so lucky because I get to can Utah fruit! There is nothing better! (Except Arizona oranges and tangerines, but you can't grow those in Utah.) My sister and I will start today. We are so lucky because we get to do it with four little ones under foot. And, of course, they will want to taste and then things will get sticky and stickier and then I will be a mess (on the outside, that is. I know I am already one on the inside) Now, I'm trying to remind myself why I look forward to doing this every year. Oh, yeah. Tradition.
1 comment:
yummy jam
Post a Comment