In tradition of all things scary, I am about to embark on a one of the scariest things I have ever faced. Just thinking of it sends frost like shivers down to my toes. You see, on Sunday, I have to give... my first lesson in Young Womens! Oh, what horror!!! Not only are there 12 year old girls, but I get to teach the MiaMaids and Laurels as well!!! This is a nightmare!!! The last lesson I taught involved two object lessons, a game, and a bunch of five year olds who, if I could have, I would have super glued their little behinds to their chairs. And I would have brought bubble gum, given each three pieces, and taught the lesson in sappy, sticky sweet silence. (Travis says hind sight is always 20/20)
But now, these girls are so much older and they are smart. If I loose control of the lesson, I can't break out into a sixth verse of Follow The Prophet. Or I can't take another riveting walk around the building to look at the different shapes of clouds, or even if we have them. No, they will know if I do anything wrong. Why? Because they are really smart. At least my three girls will be there for support. But then, knowing them, I will see silly grins, snarky faces, and probably someones tongue sticking out at me. Gotta love my girls. So I study really hard and thank my lucky stars I am not the Gospel Doctrine teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment