Wednesday, October 8, 2008

football

Normally, I am not a football person. Okay, honestly, I never watch football. I can't even tell you how the game is played. I know they toss the ball after someone grunts and the person who catches the wretched thing ends up being tackled to the ground, getting the air knocked out of him. But, for some reason I have yet to fathom, they get up and do it all over again. Occasionally, the players carry the odd looking ball down to the fork, or gully post, or something like that and the crowds go wild. I assume a point has been made. And there are a few times one of the players get to kick the ball but I have no idea what THAT is about. And can anyone tell me how the scoring process works? One play is worth 6 points, another is worth one point. And where does the three points fit into the scheme? More than once I have tried to sit down with someone and have them explain this strange game to me, but, I admit, I loose interest quickly and they are really only moving their mouths and my thoughts have moved onto something else I really care about.

So, last night the Taylor Band performed during the last football game for Taylor. It was fun. (The band playing, that is. I didn't even realize the game was going on.) Luckily, I was put in charge of taking pictures of the band. But miss Ashley had my camera so I used someone else's. That is a tough thing, to take such cute pictures and know that none of them are yours. Anyway, the band kids are cute and funny and I enjoy being around them. It reminds me of my experiences with Jordan High Band. It is funny how the characters stay the same but the faces change. The tuba player is a hoot and a funny guy. The trumpets spend as much time flirting as they do playing. The clarinets are kind of snobby but you can get in a smile now and again. And the flutes. They are prissy and very girly. Except Ashley, of course. She is perfect and nice and wonderful. (Have to say that cuz she reads this and sometimes I get myself in trouble)

Joey went with me. He had a great time. At concessions, he was our best salesman. And the girls all thought he was the cutest thing. Mr Quamo and Mrs Klein all agree he is quite the charmer. I need to remember this in the future.

Oh, yeah. Back to football. So I guess the moral of the story is... when going to a football game, make sure you take something to do that is entertaining. That way, you really will have an enjoyable evening.

1 comment:

Tami said...

You missed the football game. It's an awesome game. Who won? It's great that you go to support the school even though you don't understand the game. What a great mom.

Remember when we had that fantast football game at Bonanza. You picked the teams based on the color of their uniforms. You won the whole thing and didn't understand the game of football. Everyone was upset, remember?