We are going to have a lesson on the Monsoon. ( I can just hear all of those eager minds gearing up for such a treat!)
Websters Dictionary says monsoon means:
2 : the season of the southwest monsoon in India and adjacent areas that is characterized by very heavy rainfall
Okay, the last time I checked, we do not live in India so replace that with Arizona and it pertains to us. This wonderful season starts early to mid July and finish up around the mid to end of September (Yeah, yeah. Stop yawning, I promise I am getting to my point.) There is way too much humidity mixed with way too much heat and afternoon storms come, sometimes wild and scary. Occasionally, we even get dust storms.
These monsoons storms can be real kickers. Roofs have been lost, power poles stretching a mile come down, trees toppled over and parks flooded, and practice stadiums costing over $3 million dollars can be turned to rubble in no time (yes, this and much more happened this year.) Usually, I watch it on TV and feel sorry and helpless. Well, not Friday night.
AT about 7:45pm, my sweet husband called and asked me to go to Albertsons. Actually, I gotta go back a bit. Travis takes the bus to work almost every day (well, maybe like three days a week. It gets old after a while). He was working overtime and got off work later than normal. Well, when I arrived I noticed there was a tree where he usually parked to ride the bus.
Where is the car? I ask myself. Upon closer examination, I saw the back end of it popping out from under the tree. It appeared that the tree fell onto my car! Oh, great! I thought. This means I have to share cars with Travis again. (Yes, I admit, I am selfish!) 
Upon further inspection, we realized the tree actually fell onto the brick frence, and the branches fell onto the car. Travis managed to slid in and back the car up, although it left a lot of scratches. But, the car still runs (Freedom!!!!!) and I don't have to tell David!
2 comments:
Great pictures! Love the halloween scenery!
What a great blog! I've always wondered about that "monsoon" thing myself. :)
And may I say that I LOVE your new background!? You and my daughter are the only two people I know who put up Halloween before October 1. Too fun!
Post a Comment