Do you ever watch those shows where the prisoner is tortured and still won't give up information? Wow. Joey would admit to everything whether he did it or not.
Case in point: The cello bow.
Zach told us he could not find it to practice. We looked everywhere and then figured Joey probably took because, unfortunate for him, it is his M. O. We asked him three times if he took it. The third time he admitted it but he does not have the memory of an Elephant so he did not remember where it was.
The back yard was searched, (Why? Because Joey likes to bury things back there) and he proceeded to tell Travis how he went out there because there were bad guys and he used the bow to fight someone and then swished it around like a sword, and then played with it while he was swinging. And then he went down the slide with it. (all the while actually doing these things, just to show his dad)
After they came inside, it was apparent that Joey had no clue where it was.
On Monday, I went in to tell the bad news to Mr. Olson about the missing bow. I was prepared for anything. I even planned to make the man cookies(that is what he calls for when the kids forget something.) It turns out Zach forgot it there. I was so relieved and now I need to have that all important talk with Joey about admitting guilt when, in fact, he is innocent. Then again, it is probably my fault. I penned him guilty before I even asked him. He just told me what I wanted to hear. Need to work on that mother thing a little better.
1 comment:
He had everyone's attention, so he put on a cute play for you all. He probably loved acting in the back yard and telling the most action-filled story while everyone was looking for the bow. I'm glad that you found the cello bow. It makes for a great story.
Post a Comment