Cortney is 16 and wants her drivers licence before she turns 17. I can understand why. I had mine when I was 16 (I nearly killed my instructor during my first driving test. Yes, there had to be a second. Ahhh, memories!). The problem lies with me.
I sit in the passenger side of the car.
Gripping the door handle for some kind of assurance I will make it through this.
I cringe and close my eyes as she turns the corner and comes very close to a parked car.
Reminding myself I need to breath at a normal pace instead of quick exasperated breaths.
Okay, even to breath at all.
My foot feels for the break that the manufacturers obviously forgot to install in my car.
Every car should have one (my husband would kill me, though. Personally, I think he drives way to fast.)
Patience.... I need patience.....
Then there is the stops where you come face to face with the dashboard, and a squeaky 'sorry' is heard to the left.
We made to school (just around the corner from my house). Eagerly, she turns and asks, 'when do we go on the real streets? (Out pops ten more gray hairs on my old head.)
I miss my little Cortney with her shiny bike and her worries about 1st grade. Where did the time go and how in the world am I going to make it through six of them learning to drive?!? (Oh, yeah. Ashley is in count down mode. Lucky me.)
1 comment:
Don't you feel sorry the Diver's Instructor Teachers now. I think I gave mine a heart attack. They don't pay those guys enough. The parents have to work 100% harder. By the time you teach Cort and Ash, you'll be a pro so you can teach mine. Just kidding, I think I just saw a couple more gray hairs pop up.
Post a Comment