Fathers and sons was a great success, except for the fact that Joey was hit by Zach while he was on the swing (slammed him down on his forehead and knocked the wind out of him. ) And they came home three hours early. (Dismay, heartache, untold gloom!!!) We weren't ready for them. We wanted a little bit more time to ourselves.
The girls and I had a great night. We went to the movies, (yes, the cheap ones. You all know me too well.) We saw Kung Foo Panda and, brace yourselves, I sprang for a double feature. (Yes, Deb, I know. My kids were shocked, too.) We saw Get Smart for the last movie. The parts I saw were cute, but the old television show was so much better, and a little bit cleaner. Cathy, Travis' sister and her daughter, Jamie came with us. We had seven people in a five seat car. Let me tell you now that prayers really do work.
It kind of reminded me of school this past week. My van was in the shop, (Yes, Deb. I actually paid someone to fix it, too.) and we got to carpool with the little black car. I take my friend Sheri's kids home from school, which really is not very far, I swear. Anyway, she has a girl Britt's age and triplets Zach's age and we managed to get all of them (plus me, of course) in the car. The boys loved it. They call it Sis. Clawson's Clown Car and hope to ride home in it again. With my luck, if I try it again, a policeman will follow me home.
Now I am off to look for a cello bow. Joey discovered it in it's container and thought it looked cool, even though he knows he is not supposed to touch it. Now the bow is lost and we cannot find it. This is not like looking for a needle in a haystack. It is huge so it shouldn't be too hard to find. I just hope it is not buried in the backyard. I would say wish me luck, but what I really need is prayers.
Oh, yeah. Got some great stories to tell about my car. Travis took the camera to work and left it there so it will have to wait til Tuesday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment