Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Girls Camp is coming!!!

Girls Camp looms. Normally, I look forward to Girls Camp (Even those few glorious years when I kissed them goodbye and picked them up five days later). This year I am the craft coordinator. Me! What were they thinking!!! I can do crafts if I watch carefully and copy what is being done. My friend, Debi, now she would be perfect with this calling. After all, she is the floral manager at Michaels. I have helped her with wedding flowers, (even sister Deb's wedding) so I know of what I speak. I know in the scriptures it says that if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear. My problem is I am not prepared. We are making clay necklace beads, as well as magnets to go on the magnet boards made last year, (sad thing is mine is still in my closet waiting to be hung up). Clay is new to me. I wish I had more experience dealing with it. Ginger says not to worry. The girls will pick it up in no time. They will make their own creations and all will be well. Now if I could just convince my stomach of this camp will be great!

We leave a week from today. I love camp LoMIA. When I went to camp as a young sprout, I roughed it with tents and port a pottys. Thank goodness girls in Arizona have a choice! Cabins with mattresses, flushing toilets and cold showers (hey, a shower is a shower any way you look at it). The amazing part is that it is snuggled in the outskirts of Pine, Arizona. Yes, it was named after all of the beautiful pines surrounding it. The last time we were there we spotted 11 bucks, very cool. And to top it off, we get to get out of the 100* heat.

Of course, this means Travis will be managing the household affairs while I am away. I was thinking back to Prs. Monson's last talk at Conference where his wife asked his children not to let him touch the microwave. If I were to do that, my babies would starve. But he will do fine. I will come back and my kids will think I am wonderful and Trav will have a renewed appreciation for me and what I do. It is a win/win situation.

Joey turns 6 on June 14th, the day we get back. I feel guilty we will miss the morning, but I will make it up to him.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Good Luck with camp. Remember that they called you to do the crafts. Take faith in that and seek His help. It will turn out great and you'll see the creativity that the girls have. If I was going to camp as a girl, then you would have to worry about helping me with my project. You know you spend every minute helping me. Have fun and enjoy every minute of camp.