Our little Miss Mackenzie is four years old. She is still light as a feather and has an attitude of an elephant, but we love her anyway. Her birthday party was a great success. We even got to eat her birthday cake this year. To understand our excitement and delight, we need to go back a year to her 3rd birthday party. You see, mom made her a Barbie birthday cake. You know, the ones where you stick a Barbie in the middle of a round cake and decorate the skirt. Well, I must have done a great job because she was in love with it. We sang Happy Birthday and I proceeded to cut the cake. A blood curdling scream stopped me half way through my first cut. Tears running down her cheek, she begged me not to hurt the Barbie. What is a mom to do after that? We we spent the rest of the day admiring the cake, although we did find finger imprints throughout the frosting. Two weeks later, when Miss Mackenzie was not paying attention, I tossed the cake, Barbie and all. Sad thing is, she never noticed it was missing.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Maki May's B-day
Our little Miss Mackenzie is four years old. She is still light as a feather and has an attitude of an elephant, but we love her anyway. Her birthday party was a great success. We even got to eat her birthday cake this year. To understand our excitement and delight, we need to go back a year to her 3rd birthday party. You see, mom made her a Barbie birthday cake. You know, the ones where you stick a Barbie in the middle of a round cake and decorate the skirt. Well, I must have done a great job because she was in love with it. We sang Happy Birthday and I proceeded to cut the cake. A blood curdling scream stopped me half way through my first cut. Tears running down her cheek, she begged me not to hurt the Barbie. What is a mom to do after that? We we spent the rest of the day admiring the cake, although we did find finger imprints throughout the frosting. Two weeks later, when Miss Mackenzie was not paying attention, I tossed the cake, Barbie and all. Sad thing is, she never noticed it was missing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who could forget Kenzie's 3rd birthday. I'll send you pics of ther fourth birthday party so you can post them too.
Post a Comment