Okay, so I am not good at this. Spring break is almost over and I really am glad about that. We have had a busy week. We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks for Family Home Evening. Yes, I know the Prophets probably had something more spiritual in mind for FHE, but we rebelled and went to a movie. Gotta say the cartoon is better but the movie was cute too. Tuesday we did something. Can't remember much (see, it is a busy week) but I know it was fun! Oh, yeah. We went swimming. It may be warming up but man was that water cold. We spent most, okay, all of the time in the hot tub. Mackenzie prefers to do that anyway. Wednesday, I took the cub scouts on a three mile hike. There is a really good reason we only go once a year. They complained 3/4 of the way. The cacti were beautiful and the wild flowers are in bloom but the boys had no clue. They were dying and the buzzards were gonna eat their bones. Such drama. After the hike, we asked if they enjoyed it. Most said they loved it. Boys, gotta love them.
I have been bit by the genealogy bug. I blame Sis Haws. It is so much fun. It is addictive. I have discovered I do not have enough patience because I want to do it all today and I know I cannot. I have been working on Travis' mom's line. She is a convert but I have discovered her great great grandfather has had his work done. Somewhere there are members in her family. Can't wait to find more.
All is well here. Kids keep growing and finding new activities to get involved in. I am finding more grey hairs. Life goes on. But how we live it is what matters. For better or worse, I am having fun.
1 comment:
I'm so glad to post a new blog. You have a way with words. It's so much fun to read your blog. It shows your personality. I love the part about FHE. At least you did something, right? I love the Kenzie loves the hot tub, I wish Emmy did. You probably wish Kenzie liked the pool. I loved to hear about your scout hike. Fun post.
Post a Comment