Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Holiday bowl!

San Diego
So busy!
So much fun!




 
I roomed with some awesome ladies!
And to quote Wendy, "What happens in the motel room, stays in the motel room!"
So, I have no more to say on that!

The first day we practiced for three hours. There was a color guard girl from another school who we think blew out her knee. Shannon, Leo's wife, helped out where she could but it was taken care of by a paramedic. (She just sprained it. She will be ok.)
Then was the competition! They did very well!
 






That night we had our three hour dinner cruise. Ashley, Barbara Ellsworth and I were fortunate to sit across from the band directors. They are so different! Eating habits, teaching techniques, and overall attitudes to mention a few of those differences. But they are both great guys and our program would be no where without either one! It was great fun watching the kids dance below, socialize on top, and just enjoy the evening. I really liked the cruise! Especially on top!!!
 






 

Sunday was more practice and then lunch at the beach, my favorite part! And, of course, there were those few who could not help but get wet. (yes, Zach was one!)
It was fun watching them pair off, and have a great time playing in the sand and the waves. Britt and Danni were in rare form. Even Ashley made it out to the and Mr. Brooks and Mr. Quamo both even chased a few waves!
 


And then, silly me, I rolled my ankle and fell on my way back to the busses. And they made me sit in a wheel chair once we entered Sea World! That didn't last very long, although Joe Daniel and Ashley  did manage to get in the short line for the roller coaster! I got to go too.
(Note to self: I really need to stick with the pansy rides!)

After that adventure, we ditched the wheel chair and I ventured on my own and found a nice corner to read. It really was nice!
 
We won the pregame show! I was so proud of all of the kids! We even won all the captions for our division!

 
The next day was the parade. It was great except Zach had to sit it out. Well, actually, he still had to walk it because there was no real shortcut back to the busses.
 
Then off to lunch where I had the best companions! Yep, that would be Britt, Ash, and Danni! They know how to cheer up a girl! We even helped ourselves to ice cream after!
 
And then off to the Holiday bowl!
Crazy big, confusion, and so lost.
But it was so awesome!
Definitely a once in a lifetime moment! And after waiting forever they performed! Britt made it on the Jumbo Tron, just too bad it never aired on TV.
 
 

It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience! The band was great and we were all so proud of them! The parents and boosters were by far the most hard working group of people I have ever worked with. I almost felt not needed.





No comments: