Monday, November 18, 2013

State Champs again!

Mesa High School
Arizona State Division II State Champions 2013
Second Year in a Row!
 
The big day started off with me and the little ones at the Fall Festival for Franklin. It wasn't that bad except they told everyone the intermediate band was going to perform at 10:30 and instead they were on at 10 am so I missed Joey.
But he was ok with that because that meant he could play more.
Always the optimist!
 
We made it over to Mesa just in time to eat. and then on to uniforms. Travis was working till 2:30 so the little ones were with me. Mackenzie hid in the  girls dressing room most of the time and I think Joey was under foot a bit but thank goodness the band kids are used to him~
 
We left for Glendale Community College later than the busses to make sure the gates were closed. And we finally caught up with them and then figured we would go on ahead and help unload the trucks and I got a call from Tami asking us to come back. A bus had blown a tire. They needed us to take some parents to the college. Great, we all thought. Not again. And amazingly enough, it was in the same place as the accident last year!
 
We circled back and Tami called again and told us they managed to get everyone on one bus and they didn't need us anymore. We watched the bus drive away as we got off the freeway. And we didn't meet up again til the kids got off the bus.
 
Travis joined me and the kids a bit later and we watched the Mesa High Marching Band play their best show!
 
And at the very end when we ran out to the field after they won, both Britt and Zach met me with tears in their eyes! I love it  when they accomplish something so wonderful! And they both worked so hard to accomplish it! They both left that night with their confidence a little higher! And it is a great reminder why I do this year after year.







 James and Jordyn took off and the crowd went wild! They are so cute!!!
 
Waiting for the awards
I love these girls!!!





No comments: