Uniforms are finally here and what an experience it was getting them ready!
They were a few weeks late. I am usually more on top of them and having to wait was driving me crazy! As it was, my awesome friend Jana and I were at school at 11 on Thursday just in case, but they didn't show up until 1 pm. And then it just got chaotic! We finally had to stop at 6 for the baby shower.
Yeah, I will go more into that later.
Bright and early Friday morning we started again. But I was supposed to be somewhere else at 9 and Jana would be stuck with ironing 78 uniforms all by herself, although she did say she was going to call in her mom. I felt sick about the whole thing, especially since I was supposed to spend the next two hours having a mani/pedi with Tami and Lauren. So I did the only thing I could think of (to get out of it, of course. No one should have to touch my feet on purpose...Well, maybe Travis!)
I asked Lauren and Tami if they could help iron. They agreed, of course. I don't know if they really wanted to but they totally convinced me they loved the idea! I broke the news to Jana, who took it very well (I love sending texts!!!) and Lauren and I met Tami at the school. We proceeded to iron and iron and iron till 12:30 pm, although I spent a good chunk of that time fitting shakos.
That is a hat in band language. Call it anything else and be prepared to face the consequences!
At 12:30, I hustled my not so little caboose over to Franklin for an awesome session of music masterpiece in Joey's and Luke Hagen's classes! I am pretty sure by the time that my last one rolls around in November I will finally have it down. Just the way life is, Dang it! And who knew they used the William Tell Overture is so many different projects!!!
And then we were off again to Mesa High for the remainder of the uniforms. Sweet Joella, Jana's mom, showed up and took over Lauren's spot. And guess what, we BARELY finished in time! The shakos were still too big, but that would have to wait till the next day! I was exhausted, a little cranky, and not so happy with Mr. Brooks for making us work like crazy people to get these uniforms out when we really could have waited a week. And then he did the most oddest thing ever. He bent down to give me a half hug and then tried to kiss my forehead, I think. It was AWKWARD!!!! And I will never live it down!!!! For YEARS I will be teased about the experience!!!
I guess I need to be nicer to him and not make him feel so guilty!
They looked so sharp! And Jeff, Lauren, and Debbie were all there! It is the first time any family other that Tami's family has seen a show! They were all impressed! It was kind of cool! And I can't tell you how much they're being there meant to the kids, even though they did not get to see them!
The competition the next day was much better. Uniforms were still pretty good, although we still have a lot of work ahead of us. We took 1st place again! And they did a lot better this time with the show!
No comments:
Post a Comment