Another year has come and gone and for the first time in three years I am not the coach! I was never sure why they did that in the first place. I know very little about softball. In fact, while in young womens I tried to hit the ball and Bishop Heywood took pity on me and took the bat away before I hurt myself.
This year I set up the fields, walked around and looked like I knew what I was doing. And I got to know my fellow primary presidency a little bit more! They are such fun ladies!!!
I think I pulled it off!
We did have an accident, though. A little girl from the Dana ward was hit in the mouth with a ball. Luckily she had already lost her tooth or that baby would have come out for sure! We gave her some water and the poor thing had a fat lip. But in the end I think she was kind of proud of it. She got a lot of attention that not many others received.The ironic part is she is not 8 yet! She was playing ball on the sidelines! Hopefully she wont let this experience hold her back.
Mackenzie did not have a good time. She almost enjoyed herself when she hit the ball but being stuck out in the field when there was water waiting for her in the dug out, dirt to play in and she can't bend down and touch it, and girls running all over the place and stirring up dust was not her idea of fun. She would much rather lay in the grass and dream.
Mackenzie said she failed at softball and refused to have her picture taken with the team.
That's my Mackenzie!
No comments:
Post a Comment