Saturday, August 24, 2013

Joey and the missionaries

I feel  like all I do is talk about Joey but he says the funniest things and if I write it down I won't forget them.
For instance:
The missionaries came to visit today. Well, not exactly visit.
More like they were expecting to eat dinner  but Travis never mentioned it to me so I had no idea until they showed up after we had picked up free bread from Bro. Jensen.
I have a massive headache and no sign of edible food on the table.
 
Anyway, we made plans to eat dinner the next night with my whole family
(they are in for a real treat!)
 
We invited them in for a scripture though.
And of course Mackenzie and Joey had made a mess of the whole front room while we were gone.
Toys, toilet paper, bottles of salad dressing littered the floor.
(No, David. They were unopened)
When they play, they go all out!
 
Sister Dunn talked about 3rd Nephi and how the members were overjoyed to be able to take the sacrament, and she asked what it would be like to have Jesus Christ give it to us.
 
At this time Joey was very busy trying to pick up bottles of salad dressing with his feet.
Sis West was not sure he was listening.
So she prompted him to think about how it would be to have Jesus pass the sacrament. And in his  own odd way of thinking, he said it would be cool to have Jesus pass him the sacrament. then he got this 'I thinking hard about this' look in his face and mentioned it would be kind of creepy, though,  to see all these Jesuss's walking around passing the sacrament.
The poor sister missionaries busted up laughing.
I think Joey left quite an impression on them!

No comments: