Little Brothers are a pain. They get into your stuff, manage t oget off scott free when there is punishment to be handed out, and are annoying as anything.
These are ways my kids describe their little brother. And not long ago I think my words were very similar.
Thank goodness time changes so much!
My littlest brother is one amazing guy who has gone through many trials in his life and I admire him for what he has accomplished. And I really miss him!
Steve brought his family down for a visit last week. Why
in the heck did they pick this time of year? Easy, because it is summer! I think they must be absolutely mad!
It got to 114* for goodness sake!
It got to 114* for goodness sake!
And on Friday they even went to the zoo!
Tourists!
But it really was good to see him. And I realized how much I do miss him. And Jeff.
Sometimes I wish our families all lived close together, kind of like my mom did when she was younger. We miss so much of each others' lives and our kids grow up so quickly!
And now that my siblings and I have finally grown up we have learned to really appreciate our each other. And for such a short time se get to enjoy each other's company.
But absence does make the heart grow fonder after all!
(cheesy, I know!)
We spent one afternoon at Mukutu's Island, which is a glorified expensive McDonald's playland but the slides were big enough for the adults! And I found this scary slide!
I swear, It was very scary! Joey even agreed, lol!
The first time I went down I managed to scrape up my elbow.
I gotta stop using those things to stop myself or I won't have any left!
But it was so much fun. I dragged Steve down it too!
It was great!
It was great!
Besides the fact we ate a lot we had a lot of chances to visit. Debbie even came up with her family for a few days!
Too bad there was no Jeff.
But next year we are all going to Bear Lake for a week! It is going to be great!
And definitely much, much cooler!
I can't wait!
I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment