Saturday, March 9, 2013

Primary Softball

So this was my first year in planning our Stake Primary Softball. I got to walk around with a catchers mask, a piece of paper, and look like I know what I am doing. 
I think I pulled it off.
 Mostly we talked and watched the boys. And, occasionally I made it over to watch Joey play softball.
He did pretty good this year. I even bought him a left-handed mit.
Or a mit for his right hand because he is left-handed...
You know what I mean.
But it was almost $30.
 I thought I would wait and see if he fit it before I took off the tags so I could return it.
Yeah, he ran off and removed all of the important stuff before he realized it was too big.
Oh well.
 
And then he realized it had pink trimming.
It was a girls!
Oh well.
(insert sympathy here)
 (Cuz I can't find mine)
 
But he does like it.
Now I need to make sure he plays more to make up for the cost!
And teach the lad that the mit is used to catch the ball, not to throw over the fence 
just to get caught on the pole
so they can stop the game, throw a water bottle at it so it will drop down
so he can use it again.
 
These are important things to remember when you play softball.
I am drawing a blank as to why they are not in the rule book.
 
I need to keep notes.
 
Funny how these little things not to do keep popping up while he is playing. Thank goodness for a patient coach!
 
Now, six months until girls Primary softball. . I wonder what kind of rules Mackenzie can come up with?
 

No comments: