Mesa High Marching Band won the Division II state band championship! Yes! I am so happy! These kids are amazing and I love them so much! I have the best job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything. And someone will have to wrestle me for the position!!! (I will do it too!)
We were on the bus today coming back from the parade and I had them yelling and cheering one of the kids asked me what it was like to have a fan club. I am pretty sure I blushed when I told them it was awesome! They are so much fun and I will miss hanging out with those wonderful kids. And there have been a lot of trials this season and to come out of it on top made the experience so much sweeter! And I think this is a great missionary tool because I can be there for them and they know they are appreciated and loved when they are at their 'other' home.
We had regional conference yesterday. I sat next to my mom. She always sits in the hallway watching the screen from my dad's closet. (It is not really his closet but he spends as much time in his as I do mine, lol) The main message I came away with was I need to be a better mom. I need to put my children first and teach them better than I have. FHE and scripture study is a must even when Travis is not there. I am amazed they know as much as they do because I don't think I am teaching them. Primary is doing so much more than I am.
Which brings me to my other amazing news. I am the new 2nd counselor in the Stake Primary Presidency.
Yes, I am as floored as you are. But that is where the Lord wants me so I am going to do the best I can. And here I have been hoping to get out of cub scouts but no, I am now a big time supervisor over scouts for our stake. Yes, I am so excited, can you tell? (I really am!)
Tomorrow I am going shopping with my sweet friend Debi Farr. We are getting flowers for Cortney's wedding. She moved to Montana a few years back and so having her here is such a treat! I can't wait to see her! There are some people who no matter where they are, no matter how long it is since we see each other, we pick up right where we left off and that is Sweet Debi! And I ran into another high school friend I have not seen in 20 years last Sunday. So great to see her. And I have made so many friends in band who make me feel important and special. I am so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment