Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Joey and his imagination

After an intense 2 hour homework session (Joey) I had to take a break (and an aspirin) and try to find a calm spot to lower my blood pressure (again, Joey). So I hid in my closet with a book. I know, not the most mature way to handle it but it has been a long day and he just won't stop talking.
 
Anyway, after my self-imposed time-out (and some chocolate!) I went to check on what the little ones were up to.
They had managed to find my stash of old VHS tapes. I thought for sure those were ancient, a thing of past, something that time was slowly erasing.
No, my little ones discovered a new use for them.
They are building blocks.
 
Yep, they made structures and I got to be the judge.
Mackenzie's had a kitchen, front room, a garage and even a princess in residence.
Joey had his imagination. See, his was a tower for blind chimpanzees who deserved the same rights as us. There were chimpanzee nurseries, a place for mom and dad chimpanzees, and the lower level even had a garage for those chimpanzees to drive. (gosh I hope their eyesight returned before that happened!)
 
And I had to choose which structure was better.  And like any good mother would do....
I made Zach decide.
So who said VHS tapes are not used anymore?
Now, I need to go supervise the cleaning up of those tapes or my headache might make another appearance and a trip to my closet might be needed again!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Thaks Lisa--I ahve been wondering what to do with my old VHS tapes!