So I was hanging out in the band room today for a while. I pricked my finger while hemming and I started bleeding. And with white bibbers in question I stepped out and looked at old band pics to kill the time while I was waiting for my wound to heal. Some of my favorite ones are of my sister who graduated in 1992 or 1993, I forget.
And as I was mocking her hair, chubby cheeks, and the poor dress she had to wear I realized I was being unkind. Not only was it the style back then but I looked much worse in my time! So in all fairness I pulled out my one and only picture of our marching band in the 1986/87 school year. So here you go Deb. This is for you!!!
A hint: I am on the back row!
While we are talking band I wanted to post the picture Mrs. Hagen took of Joey on his first day of band! He was so proud and the only thing he wants for Christmas is a snare drum. (Yeah, Santa and I need to have a long talk about that!) He will not put his sticks down! It doesn't even have to be a flat surface. And all this time I thought books were for reading. No, they make great practice pads. Wait til I make him crack open one of those practice pads tonite!
And it looks like Mackenzie is going to drop the marching band chain we have going. She wants to play the violin. Mrs. Hagen would be proud! Oh well, there is always colorguard! (And if Ashley has her way, Mackenzie will be a flag spinner whether she likes it or not!)

No comments:
Post a Comment