Saturday, May 5, 2012

Music Man Jr.

Last week on Thursday and Friday Taylor Junior High put on the Musical Music Man Jr. They even put if off a month so Mesa High could do a few extra showings of Beauty and the Beast. It was great and I can't wait to see what they do next year !

Zach played Charlie Cowell, the guy who tries to warn the town of the devious Harold Hill.

My adorable niece Danni, who did an amazing and awesome job, played Alma Hicks (who probably learned her 'pick a little' skills at my house with my girls. Then again, I probably shouldn't admit that one...oh well)
Zach's part was small (but important) so he filled in the rest of his time as an extra townsmen. He wore this cheesy handle mustache that looked like it could fall off any moment. And he kept holding onto it too. Soo funny!




When it came time for his big scene I must admit I was so busy watching and hoping he would say the right lines I totally forgot I had the camera. I don't think I like having my kids in plays because I sit on the edge of me seat hold my breath praying he actually speaks and it makes sense.
. And he even had his first 'kiss' scene. (yeah, she just whipped her head so it looked like she kissed him, thank goodness! He is too young and would probably too flubbered  to even finish his lines!)


You know how when the musical is over and you go and wait out front for the whole cast to come out so you can get autographs and stuff right? Well, we all go out and wait.. The cast comes out... all except Zach.
No,
our son went in back to change! Well, me being the super nosy mom that I am (all Ashley's doing. Blame her), I went to find him. And Joey tagged along, of course.

All in all the cast was supurb! Johnny Johnson, our Stake President's son, was fantastic as Harold Hill and they ALL were just awesome!  So proud of ALL of them!!!

We were only able to go to Friday's showing because we had pack meeting and Joey's recital on Thursday night, and we managed to make it to both!  Here is a picture of Joey at his concert with Sis. Favreau. He sounded good!

No comments: