The Statue of Liberty was beautiful, but I would have loved to have spent time on Ellis Island. Mostly because my great grandma came through there and I am a big fan of history. And our tour had so much history!
Odd thing is I heard sirens from FDNY reverberating against the tall buildings and I must admit it left me in chills. The sound brought me right back to the images and scenes burned into my memory of The World Trade Center and the horrors of 9/11, which was just down the street from where I stood.
But aside from that the other places we went were wonderful ~ Top of the Rock (an observatory of New York), the Lincoln Center, the Metropolitan Opera, Time Square, Greenwich Village, SoHo, and even the Loncoln Tunnel!We didn't have time for central park, but we drove by it!
The chaperones were awesome! I was in a room with two other amazing ladies, one, Linda Carpenter, who came on the trip without a student and who the choir could not do without! (She plays the piano) She was sweet and wonderful and I loved hanging out with her!The other was a orchestra parent who is very dedicated and very nice. I must admit we had as much fun in our rooms as the girls did in theirs! And we had a couple from the band who came and I did not know very well, Al and Kim Moncayo. They were a hoot! So finny and so nice! I am so glad I got to know them better!
The kids were so well behaved! They had a hard time stayingin their rooms at night, but they really were great. I even got to hang out with them, especially Ashley. I am so grateful I had the opportunity!
On the subway!
a night at the opera
The Feedom tower, a new tower going up at the world trade center.
The Manhattan Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment