Last spring Ashley was going through a personal crisis and needed spiritual guidance I couldn't give her. I was at a loss on how to help so we went to the temple. We talked, cried, and shared our feelings and decided we needed to come more often. We also decided it was the perfect spot to do Personal Progress. She had already gotten her medallion but Brittany had not and so we would help her work on her goals.
We decided on Sunday nights.
So for nine months, give or take a fireside, we have gone to the temple. Sometimes we work on Personal Progress, sometimes we just walk and talk. No matter what we do, we admire and talk about what the temple means to us. And I must admit it has taken on a whole new meaning for me since we started this. To me it is a reminder of the person I want to be, the people I want my children to be and a place I can feel the spirit no matter what my circumstances are. And Heavenly Father does love me. And it is a safe place where me and my girls can talk about anything.
I noticed this year that when the Christmas lights went up, it is only on the visitors center side. The actual temple grounds are bare. It reminded me that the temple does not need any lights. It is special all by itself!
It was just what Ashley needed and Brittany too. And I must admit it has been great for me. In Stake conference they talked about if we are letting our kids know how important the temple is to them. I can honestly say I am... at least the girls! Now I need to work with the boys!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment