Well, school is into it's second full week and I am loving/hating it!
First I must admit I miss the noisy madness that is my little family.
For instance, Mackenzie and Joey are living their lives as a musical.
No joke.
Mackenzie breaks into song periodically during the day. She makes the songs up herself and even dances to them. Quite amusing, although if you are caught laughing things get a little dicy!
For example, we fed the missionaries Saturday night and they even got a taste of one of her songs
(had to quickly interrupt her song so they could continue with their message. Poor thing!)
Joey has even serenated his teacher already.
Thank heavens for sweet elementary teachers who put up with and love our little ones!
Feeding the missionaries was fun! Travis told me about it when my mind was elsewhere and I had no idea they were coming. They came late because of a baptism and we had to run and get pizza so they wouldn't starve...
(Thank goodness Little Ceasars has some hot and waiting!)
The worst part is the girls were not home. They were off ice skating for the seminary social. But they did show up later with 6 others in tow to watch a move but instead they recieved a message from the missonaries! Great way to end the day! They all stayed and enjoyed the movie and played some games after. The boys even had their nails painted. lol.
And marching band is in full swing. We have props ready and are working on a few uniform changes. That is taking a lot of my time, thank goodness. The job I was supposed to have fell through and now there is not much going on around here.
I am ready to disconnect all texting abilities on my children's phones, (okay, really that is just Ashley and mine but Britt uses it after school so don't even bother trying to get a hold of me in the evenings.) I remember when I was a kid and we actually talked using our voices. It isn't hard. It's actually fun and easy to do. Why won't the try?
No comments:
Post a Comment