Saturday, May 14, 2011

Late mothers day tribute

I figured in honor of mothers day I would write something about my mom. It has been over a year since my mom finally came home from the hospital. She is so much better. She can get herself from the wheelchair to the van all by herself, a big accomplishment. She is walking with her walker so much better than before.  She is happier and doing very well. She will never really walk again and often gets depressed because of that fact but overall has improved greatly over the last year.  Her favorite things to do is watch NCIS, anything John Wayne, old musicals (which I like too) and do projects made of plastic canvas. But most of all she loves to talk about her family.

My mom grew up in Salt Lake City, on a street where the majority were her aunts and uncles, which was a blessing because her father was killed in a car accident when she was 4. She says they would call it Camelot. It had its share of family crisis, but there was no other place she would rather be. She had four extra mothers and four extra fathers who were her mom's eyes and ears and she got away with nothing. 

My mom will spend hours talking about playing in the concrete mixer with her cousin, working in the apple orchird with Grandpa, and mostly of my wonderful Grandma who managed to live on after loosing her most dearest companion. The stories are the same.  I probably could tell you most of them at the drop of a hat, but they make my mom happy retelling and talking about them.  And I really do love hearing them and wishing for an afternoon on 'Camelot' to observe for myself the family I have heard so much of.

Happy Mothers Day, Mom!

No comments: