Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another Joey moment

A year ago Travis put two lockers into the boys room to store their stuff.  They are about the same size Jordan High had in the halls when I went to high school in Sandy, Utah, not to be confused with the box-like ones offered at Mesa before they were yanked out, never to be seen again.

They are a mess. My boys need to take a class on organization.  Ok, so I need to take the class. Lol

 (Yeah, I know. Back to my story)

The day before my story begins Joey found his handcuffs.  They were stored above the fridge. You know the place, at the very top where dust bunnies thrive and multiply, where everything stays until someone hops on a chair and excavates the area once in a blue moon.  Yeah, that place. It is the home of Joey's handcuffs.... and I will tell you why. 

My niece Jamie came to play and Joey decided he wanted to play cops and robbers.  Of course he forgot to mention this little tidbit of information to Jamie so, needless to say, she was pretty shocked when handcuffs were placed on her wrists. Screaming and wailing began and Joey promptly removed the cuffs and locked himself into his room hoping to avoid judge and jury.  Didn't work. Handcuffs were placed in the locker not to be touched until the next day.

The next morning five minutes before we were to leave for school I was collecting children and shoes.

Funny how they are never together.

 When I went to Joey's room, he was not there. I turned to leave and heard a clank.  I looked around and noticed the sound coming from the lockers.  The little guy had locked himself into the locker.  I opened the door. He smiled at me sheepishly and I asked him what was going on. He smiled and said he couldn't get out.

To be honest I am surprised it took him that long to actually lock himself in there in the first place.  It turns out he was pretending it was a jail.  And I am even happier he did not decide to put Jamie in "jail" last night! I could never have explained to Cathy why her 4 year old daughter had handcuffs on and was stuffed into a locker.

And Joeys handcuffs are back where they belong, on top of the refrigerator... next to the dust bunnies and appliances I never use!

No comments: