Thursday, March 24, 2011

The joy of having six kids is that eventually they grow up (or so I have heard) and you get all of this free time to enjoy yourself.  

Well, that 'free time' thing they were talking about is SO NOT TRUE!!!!

I think I am more busy now than I was when they were little.

Yeah, so I don't have to change diapers or clean dirty faces
]
(although my boys make me question that last statement on a regular basis)

But now it is a different busy.

Volunteering, dropping off forgotten glasses, dropping off forgotten homework, dropping off PE uniforms  (always dropping off)

And I can't forget speending three days a week at my moms house.

 and I have come to the conclusion that I do not like being home alone.

I miss having to put whatever I am doing on the back burner so I can play a rivting game of Rescue Heroes versus Barbie (as long as there is no kissing at the end). I miss coloring in the coloring book instead of folding that basket of laundry that has been sitting there since the day before. I miss falling asleep to whatever Disney movie can be found.

I don't like my house when it is quiet.
I guess it's a good thing I have to get a job in the fall, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Mom!! I'm glad you're having a good time. I love it when you update your blog. Makes me feel at home again. :}