Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The LDS Prom and other events

Friday night was quite an adventure.
Before we get to the LDS prom (I cannot call it Mormon Prom because this is not the proper way to say it so now I am changing it....and I will never do it again....is that good enough for an apology?  If not, find me later and I'll come up with something even better) I need to tell you about what happened before....
 We were half way through with hair when the power flickered once or twice. Luckily, it did not go out so we continued on with our hair styling.
My mom called.  When she calls, she becomes top priority because she cannot get up. 
She said my dad was in a car accident on the way to the Stake Center.
He was going to set up the projection or something (enter technical jargen here) for the prom. Our stake was the lucky ones who were the hosts this year.

It turns out the traffic lights were out and the cars were treating it like a 4 way stop sign.  It was his turn so he went. Someone not paying attention to the lights or him for that manner didn't stop and slammed into his back right side.
The car itself had very little damage but the back wheel was bent in so the car is not drivable.
I stopped triple barrelling and quickly left so see what I could do.
Do you know how there is that one traffic light in your area that is the worst? You know, more car accidents than any other. There were even fatalities last year.
This one is it.
Friends drove by and thought it was me.
Thank goodness my mom was not with him.

Now, the dance. Both Cortney and Ashley looked so cute and it was Mackenzie's turn to dress up in her twirling dress.
Cortney and Josh

Ashley and Mackay
We shipped Joey and Mackenzie off to Cathy's for a slumber party and then took Britt and Zach out to dinner. It was a nice night for the whole family. And the best part was I did not have to do dishes!!!

No comments: