Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girls camp continued

Girls camp was great! I had a cabin full of sweet 14 year old girls and wonderful co-cabin mom who was supurb! Of course there was a fair share of drama. After all, it is girls camp, but I think it was a very successful year. The Spirit was a powerful companion to most of the girls and the weather was perfect, except for the thunderstorm during the hike.
My beehives were heros. They found a lost leader from another stake and helped her make it back to the main camp. The leaders gave them an award. I was so proud of all of them. Even my Down Syndrome little beehive seemed to have a great time! She even held my hand all the way back from her little hike. I can't even tell you how much I love those girls! I have the best calling ever!
There is one more week of summer . A week from tomorrow I get to start my new job. I will be working at Taylor Jr. High, where I get to see my beehives every day (yeah, they are so pleased... I think. Lets pretend they are!)
I am looking forward to this, although I am a little disappointed because I have waited thirteen years to have the whole day to myself with no children running amuk with me chasing them down, wiping faces, and wearing myself out. Now I get to wear myself out without the help of my little darlin's (except for pretty Britt, who gets to see me EVERY DAY at school. Poor thing.)
Oh, well. Gotta pay the bills.
Drama, Drama, Drama!
I am so tired of it! My girls seem to get themselves smack dab in the middle of it. Well, Ashley especially. As a mother, I want to hold her hand all day and tell all the mean girls to be nice. (But she reminds me she is 15, not 5) How in the world did I get through high school? Oh, yeah. I had awesome friends who held me hand all day. I hope and pray she will find friends like I had and that will keep her sane in this most terrible and awesome time they call high school! (And all this even before school starts. I forgot how dramatic colorguard can be!)
I hope and pray Ashley will get through this, and I think I will pray that I will get through this too!

1 comment:

Chyrisse Ballard said...

Glad you had a great time at Girl's Camp. I feel terrible I missed your birthday and I haven't kept in better touch. I haven't blogged this summer but maybe twice so haven't kept up with everybody. I sure miss you!